- Product Name:
- 5-OXA-1-AZABICYCLO[4.2.0]OCT-2-ENE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID, 7-[[[(DIFLUOROMETHYL)THIO]ACETYL]AMINO]-3-[[[1-(2-HYDROXYETHYL)-1H-TETRAZOL-5-YL]THIO]METHYL]-7-METHOXY-8-OXO-, (6R-CIS)-
- FLOMOXEF [5-OXA-1-AZABICYCLO[4.2.0]OCT-2-ENE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID, 7-[[[(DIFLUOROMETHYL)THIO]ACETYL]AMINO]-3-[[[1-(2-HYDROXYETHYL)-1H-TETRAZOL-5-YL]THIO]METHYL]-7-METHOXY-8-OXO-, (6R-CIS)- ]
- 5-Oxa-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid, 7-[[[(difluoromethyl)thio]acetyl]amino]-3-[[[1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1H-tetrazol-5-yl]thio]methyl]-7-methoxy-8-oxo-, (6R,7R)-
- (-)-(6R,7R)-7-(2-((Difluoromethyl)thio)acetamido)-3-(((1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1H-tetrazol-5-yl)thio)methyl)-7-methoxy-8-oxo-5-oxa-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid
- (6R,7R)-7α-[[(Difluoromethyl)thio]acetylamino]-7-methoxy-8-oxo-3-[[[1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1H-tetrazol-5-yl]thio]methyl]-1-aza-5-oxabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid
- Product Categories:
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Mol File:
Flomoxef Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 99665-00-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
Flomoxef Usage And Synthesis
Flomoxef sodium is a P-lactamase resistant oxacephalosporin. Its spectrum of activity is similar to that of cefazolin and moxalactam, but with better efficacy against Staphylococcus aureus and Bacteroides fragilis. Flomoxef is reported effective in the treatment of post-operative, urinary tract and abdominal cavity infections.
Flomoxef is an oxacephem derived beta-lactam antibiotic that is particularly effective against gram-positive bacteria.
An oxa-cephem which differs from latamoxef in the side
chains carried at the 7-amino and C-3 positions, but which
retains the 7-methoxy group that confers β-lactamase stability.
The methyl group of the methylthiotetrazole side chain of
latamoxef has been modified to hydroxymethyl in an attempt
to avoid the undesirable side effects, while the side chain at
the 7-amino position is F2-CH-S-CH2-.
Activity is similar to that of latamoxef, but activity against Staph. aureus is improved and it is claimed to be a poor inducer of penicillin-binding protein 2′, which is associated with resistance in methicillin-resistant strains.
Intravenous injection of 2 g achieves a peak plasma concentration of around 50 mg/L, falling to 2.6 mg/L after 6 h. The plasma half-life is about 50 min. It appears to be well distributed and penetrates moderately well into lung, mucosal tissue of the middle ear and bone.
Flomoxef does not seem to be prone to the effects on platelet function of latamoxef and it has a less marked effect on vitamin K metabolism. It does not cause a disulfiram-like reaction with alcohol.
It is available in Japan, where it appears safe and effective in a wide range of infections.
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 2-HYDROXYETHYL N-PENTYL SULPHIDE, 95
- Flomoxef Jp13
- ACETAMINOPHENOL BP/USP
- 5-Chlorovaleric acid
- N-Acetylsulfanilyl chloride
- Flomoxef sodium salt,Flomoxef sodium
- Diphenolic acid
- ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAKIS(PROPOXYLATE-BLOCK-ETHOXYLATE) TETROL