- Product Name:
- Dodecyl gallate
- Progallin LA
- n-dodecyl 3,4,5-trihydroxybenzoate
- Lauryl Gallate (Dodecyl Gallate)
- DODECYL GALLATE( DODECYL 3,4,5-TRIHYDROXYBENZOATE)
- Product Categories:
- Aromatic Esters
- Mol File:
Dodecyl gallate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 94-97 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 394.57°C (rough estimate)
- 1.0677 (rough estimate)
- refractive index
- 1.6120 (estimate)
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- Very slightly soluble or practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in ethanol (96 per cent), slightly soluble in methylene chloride.
- Water Solubility
- practically insoluble
- Air Sensitive
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 1166-52-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Gallic acid, n-dodecyl ester(1166-52-5)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Benzoic acid, 3,4,5-trihydroxy-, dodecyl ester (1166-52-5)
Dodecyl gallate Usage And Synthesis
This gallate ester (E 310) is an antioxidant added to foods and cosmetics to prevent oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. Cases have been reported in workers in the food industry, gallate being contained in margarine. It is also present in washing powder.
white to cream powder
Dodecyl Gallate is an antioxidant used in cream cheese, instant mashed potatoes, margarine, fats, and oils.
Dodecyl gallate is an antioxidant in cosmetic and pharmaceutical creams and emulsions, various fats, oils, waxes, and foods, such as margarine.
This gallic acid ester (E 310) is an antioxidant added to food and cosmetics to prevent oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. Cases were reported in workers of the food industry, gallate being contained in margarine, and from washing powder.
Poison by ingestion and inhalation. Moderately toxic by skin contact. A severe eye irritant. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. A pesticide. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx.
In a 2-year feeding study, with the administration of up to 5 mg/kg of feed to rats, no increase in tumor incidence was noted . In female mice, a dermal injection of dodecyl gallate (100 nmol in 0.2mL acetone) inhibits the formation of skin carcinomas and papillomas induced by the tumor promoter phorbol myristate and the initiator 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene .
Dodecyl gallate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Hexadecyl 3,4,5-trihydroxybenzoate
- MYRISTYL GALLATE
- Dodecyl gallate
- Propyl gallate
- Benzyl benzoate
- Gallic acid monohydrate
- Dodecyl 2-methylacrylate
- 3,5-Dihydroxybenzoic acid
- n-Dodecyl alcohol, sulfated
- Gallic acid
- Salicylic acid
- 3-Hydroxybenzoic acid
- SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE
- Dilauryl thiodipropionate