Pigment Red 23
- Product Name:
- Pigment Red 23
- NAPTHOL RED BLUE SHADE
- Irgalite Red
- 2-Naphthalenecarboxamide, 3-hydroxy-4-(2-methoxy-5-nitrophenyl)azo-N-(3-nitrophenyl)-
- 2-Naphthalenecarboxamide, 4-5-(aminocarbonyl)-2-methoxyphenylazo-3-hydroxy-N-phenyl-
- pigment red 23
- C.I. 12355
- 2-Naphthalenecarboxamide, 3-hydroxy-4-[2-(2-methoxy-5-n itrophenyl)diazenyl]-N-(3-nitrophenyl)-
- Product Categories:
- Dyes and Pigments
- Mol File:
Pigment Red 23 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
- 583.02°C (rough estimate)
- 1.4576 (rough estimate)
- refractive index
- 1.7500 (estimate)
- Water Solubility
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 22 ºC
- Stable, but light sensitive. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 6471-49-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- C.I. Pigment Red 23 (6471-49-4)
- Hazardous Substances Data
- 6471-49-4(Hazardous Substances Data)
- Language:English Provider:C.I. 12355
Pigment Red 23 Usage And Synthesis
Red to bluish red powder.
Air & Water Reactions
Azo dyes can be explosive when suspended in air at specific concentrations. Insoluble in water.
Pigment Red 23 is sensitive to light and may be sensitive to heat. Pigment Red 23 is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. . Pigment Red 23 is an azo compound. Azo, diazo, azido compounds can detonate. This applies in particular to organic azides that have been sensitized by the addition of metal salts or strong acids. Toxic gases are formed by mixing materials of this class with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. Flammable gases are formed by mixing materials in this group with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides.
Flash point data for Pigment Red 23 are not available. Pigment Red 23 is probably combustible.
- +86-21-5877 1921