Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium
- Product Name:
- Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium
- 9a-fluoro-16b-methylprednisolone-21-(disodium phosphate)
- 1,4-PREGNADIEN-9-ALPHA-FLUORO-16-BETA-METHYL-11-BETA, 17,21-TRIOL-3,20-DIONE 21-PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM SALT
- BETAMETHASONE 21-PHOSPHATE DISODIUM SALT
- Disodium betamethasone 21-phosphate
- Product Categories:
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Phosphorylating and Phosphitylating Agents
- Steroid Hormones
- Mol File:
Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium Chemical Properties
- +98.0～+104.0°(D/20℃)(c=1,H2O) (calculated on the dehydrous basis)
- storage temp.
- room temp
- storage temp.
- Freely soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol (96 per cent), practically insoluble in methylene chloride.
- 7.5～9.0(5g/l, 25℃)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- .beta.-Methasone disodium phosphate (151-73-5)
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium Usage And Synthesis
Indications and Usage
Betamethasone Sodium Phosphate, also called Bentelan, Betnesol, betamethasone phosphate, and celestone phosphate, is an adrenal cortex hormone, an isomer of dexamethasone with the same effects as prednisolone and dexamethasone.
It is mainly used against inflammation and allergies. Its effects are the same as those of dexamethasone, and its anti-inflammatory effects are stronger than dexamethasone, prednisone, and cortisone, with fewer side effects. It is used to treat active rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, severe bronchial asthma, severe dermatitis, acute leukemia, allergic dermatitis, eczema, neurodermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, pruritis, and comprehensively treat some infections.
Mechanisms of Action
Betamethasone sodium phosphate has pharmacological effects in treating inflammation, rheumatism, allergies, and immunosuppressive conditions. Its anti-inflammatory effects are stronger than those of dexamethasone, triamcinolone, and hydrocortisone. It can reduce and prevent tissue response to inflammation, partly eliminating non-infectious inflammation caused by fever, redness, and swelling, thereby reducing the presence of swelling. The anti-inflammatory effects of 0.3 mg of betamethasone sodium phosphate are comparable to those of 0.75 mg of dexamethasone, 5 mg of prednisone, or 25 mg of cortisone. Its sodium retention effects are more than a hundred times those of cortisone. In case of primary adrenal hypofunction, together with corticosteroids, it can be used to replace treatment or prevention, or inhibit of cellular immune response, delay allergic reaction, and reduce the extension of the primary immune response, suitable for low renin and low aldosterone syndrome and orthodontic hypotension caused by autonomic neuropathy.
Not for use by those with a history of serious mental illness, active duodenum, gastric ulcers, recent gastrointestinal anastomosis, serious osteoporosis, pronounced diabetes, or serious high blood pressure, viruses which cannot be treated by antibiotics, bacterial of fungal infection, thrombophlebitis, or infectious skin diseases such as impetigo, tinea corporis, or tinea cruris.
Oral administration - mice LD50: >4500 mg/kg
Flammable; produces toxic fluoride fumes
Storage and transport
Store in a cool, ventilated, and dry place
Dry powder, foam, sand, carbon dioxide, mist
White or almost white powder, very hygroscopic.
An anti-inflammatory agent
Nasal, Ophthalmic, Oral, Parenteral
ChEBI: An organic sodium salt that is the disodium salt of betamethasone phosphate.
Moderately toxic by ingestion andother routes. An experimental teratogen. Otherexperimental reproductive effects. When heated todecomposition it emits toxic fumes of F??, POx and Na2O.
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Betamethasone 17-valerate
- Betamethasone 11-Phosphate
- D-Homo B Derivative of Betamethasone Sodium Phosphate
- Betamethasone 21-Acetate-17-propionate
- Pregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione, 9,11-epoxy-17,21-dihydroxy-16-methyl-, (11α,16β)- (9CI)
- Betamethasone 17-Propionate-d5
- Betamethasone 17,21-dipropionate
- Betamethasone 11-Valerate
- Betamethasone Tripropionate
- Betamethasone EP Impurity J
- Betamethasone EP Impurity F
- Beclomethasone dipropionate
- Betamethasone EP Impurity I
- Betamethasone 17,21-Dipropionate-d10
- Betamethasone Dipropionate EP Impurity H (6-alpha-Bromo Betamethasone Dipropionate)