- Product Name:
- Ellagic acid
- TIMTEC-BB SBB006501
- ELLAGIC ACID
- BENZOARIC ACID
- AKOS NCG1-0028
- Product Categories:
- Anthraquinones, Hydroquinones and Quinones
- Natural Plant Extract
- plant extract
- Herb extract
- chemical reagent
- pharmaceutical intermediate
- reference standards from Chinese medicinal herbs (TCM).
- standardized herbal extract
- Building block
- Food additive
- Plant extracts
- Mol File:
Ellagic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- ≥350 °C
- Boiling point:
- 363.24°C (rough estimate)
- refractive index
- 1.5800 (estimate)
- storage temp.
- 1 M NaOH: 10 mg/mL, dark green
- tan to gray
- Water Solubility
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- Air & Light Sensitive
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 476-66-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Ellagic acid (476-66-4)
- Language:English Provider:4,4',5,5',6,6'-Hexahydroxydiphenic acid 2,6,2',6'-dilactone
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
Ellagic acid Usage And Synthesis
cream to light yellow crystalline solid
hemostatic, antineoplastic, antimutagenic
Ellagic Acid is a phenol antioxidant found naturally in various fruits and vegetables. Ellagic Acid was shown to exhibit high levels of antiproliferative and antioxidant properties in studies, which s uggests its potential health benefits following ellagic acid consumption.
ChEBI: An organic heterotetracyclic compound resulting from the formal dimerisation of gallic acid by oxidative aromatic coupling with intramolecular lactonisation of both carboxylic acid groups of the resulting biaryl. It is found in many fruits and vegetables, ncluding raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, and pomegranates.
Cream-colored needles (from pyridine) or yellow powder. Odorless.
Air & Water Reactions
Insoluble in water.
Ellagic acid reacts as a weak acid. Incompatible with strong reducing substances such as hydrides, nitrides, alkali metals, and sulfides. Flammable gas (H2) is often generated. Heat is also generated by the acid-base reaction between phenols and bases. May be sulfonated exothermically very readily (for example, by concentrated sulfuric acid at room temperature). May be nitrated very rapidly, even by dilute nitric acid.
Flash point data for Ellagic acid are not available; however, Ellagic acid is probably combustible.
Selective, ATP-competitive inhibitor of casein kinase 2 (CK2) (IC 50 values are 40, 2900, 3500, 4300 and 9400 nM for CK2, Lyn, PKA, Syk? and FGR respectively). Exhibits antioxidant, antitumor and anticarcinogenic activity and also inhibits glutathione S-transferase.
Ellagic acid is a naturally occurring phenolic constituent present in natural productsand nuts, most elevated amounts of which are found in raspberries (Daniel et al.1990). EA is considered as a potent anticarcinogenic and antimutagenic compound.EA shows anti-angiogenic property by repressing PDGF-R movement and phosphorylationof its substrate. It can intrude with endothelial cell-associated VEGR-2phosphorylation bringing about the restraint of the downstream signaling activatedby this receptor and in the hindrance of two key events fundamental in angiogenesis,i.e., EC movement and morphogenic separation into capillary-like structure. In parallel,EA indicated robust inhibitory activity against perivascular cells through itsrestraint of PDGF-R action and signaling prompting hindrance of VSMC relocation(Labrecque et al. 2005).
It is a phenolic compound extracted from pomegranate. It is an antiproliferative andantioxidant compound (Murakami et al. 1996). It induces apoptosis in cancer cellsof the prostate and breast and prevents the process of metastasis in different cancers(Singh et al. 2016b).
This antioxidant crystallises from pyridine. It forms a dark green solution in aqueous N NaOH. The tetraactetate dilactone crystallises from Ac2O, with m 340o. [Beilstein 19 H 261, 19 III/IV 3164, 19/7 V 108.]
- 400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- ELLAGIC ACID HYDRATE TECH.
- 3’-O-Methyl-ellagic acid-4- O-α-L-arabinofuranoside
- Pomegranate Extract Ellagic acid 40% HPLC
- ELLAGIC ACID DIHYDRATE,ELLAGIC ACID HYDRATE
- ELLAGIC ACID(PRIMARY STANDARD)
- ellagic acid 3,3'-dimethylether
- ELLAGIC ACID(P)
- 3’-O-Methyl-ellagic acid-4- O-β-D-xylopyranoside
- ELLAGIC ACID(REAGENT / STANDARD GRADE)
- 3,3'-di-O-methylellagic acid