- Product Name:
- Ethylene dimethacrylate
- Ethylene glycol diMethacrylate, 90 to 110 ppM MEHQ as stabilizer
- GLYCOL HEMA-METHACRYLATE
- Ageflex egdm
- Ageflex EGDMA
- Diglycol dimethacrylate
- Product Categories:
- Functional Monomer
- Mol File:
Ethylene dimethacrylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- -40 °C
- Boiling point:
- 98-100 °C/5 mmHg (lit.)
- 1.051 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor density
- >1 (vs air)
- vapor pressure
- <0.1 mm Hg ( 21.1 °C)
- refractive index
- n20/D 1.454(lit.)
- Flash point:
- >230 °F
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- Colorless to pale yellow
- Water Solubility
- Unstable - may polymerize upon exposure to light. Incompatible with strong acids, strong oxidizing agents, strong bases.
- 2.4 at 20℃
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 97-90-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- 2-Propenoic acid, 2-methyl-, 1,2-ethanediyl ester(97-90-5)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Ethylene glycol dimethacrylate (97-90-5)
Ethylene dimethacrylate Usage And Synthesis
It is mainly applied in the field of organic synthesis, such as a crosslinking agent for fabricating resin, resin processing, fabricating adhesives and coatings, rubber resin modifier, anaerobic adhesive, and plastic paste. Specifically, this chemical can be used as the raw material to prepare a copolymer that has been demonstrated to act as a biocompatible interface between glucose biosensors and tissue in the rat.1 Moreover, this compound may be involved in the preparation of poly(2-vinyl-4,4-dimethylazlactone-co-acrylamide-co-ethylene dimethacrylate) for designing the porous support for high throughput reactors.2 In addition, the bulk polymerization of this chemical and glycidyl methacrylate results in the formation of porous monolith as a stationary phase in dye-affinity chromatography.3
- Quinn, C. P.; Pathak, C. P.; Heller, A.; Hubbell, J. A., PHOTO-CROSS-LINKED COPOLYMERS OF 2-HYDROXYETHYL METHACRYLATE, POLY(ETHYLENE GLYCOL) TETRA-ACRYLATE AND ETHYLENE DIMETHACRYLATE FOR IMPROVING BIOCOMPATIBILITY OF BIOSENSORS. Biomaterials 1995, 16, 389-396.
- Xie, S. F.; Svec, F.; Frechet, J. M. J., Design of reactive porous polymer supports for high throughput bioreactors: Poly(2-vinyl-4,4-dimethylazlactone-co-acrylamide-co-ethyl dimethacrylate) monoliths. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 1999, 62, 30-35.
- Uzun, L.; Yavuz, H.; Say, R.; Ersoz, A.; Denizli, A., Poly(ethylene dimethacrylate-glycidyl methacrylate) monolith as a stationary phase in dye-affinity chromatography. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2004, 43, 6507-6513.
The crosslinking agent of acrylic resins, ethyleneglycol dimethacrylate (EGDMA), is employed to optimize the dilution of high-viscosity monomers and to link together the macromolecules costituting the polymer. It caused contact dermatitis in dental technicians and dental assistants. A case was also reported in a car rear-view mirror manufacturer.
Ethylene glycol dimethacrylate is used as a functional monomer for polymers and as a cross linking agent between the molecular chains of polymers and elastomers. It is also used in free radical copolymer cross linking reactions. It acts as an intermediate in the production of hydroxyapatite and poly methyl methacrylate composites.
It is used as a monomer to prepare Hydroxyapatite/Poly methyl methacrylate composites. 1
EGDMA can be used in free radical copolymer crosslinking reactions.
Ethylene glycol dimethacrylate is a cross-linking methacrylic monomer in dentaI composites, sealants, prostheses, adhesives, artificiaI nails, printing inks, etc.
ChEBI: The enoate ester that is the 1,2-bis(methacryloyl) derivative of ethylene glycol.
Ethylene glycol dimethylacrylate (EGDMA) is a diester formed by condensation of two equivalents of methacrylic acid and one equivalent of ethylene glycol.
Flammability and Explosibility
Ethylene dimethacrylate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 0532-0532-86867058 18562606086
- 028-85632863 18048500443
- 400-62063333-1 15601730970
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
- 2-Butoxyethyl acetate
- Ethylene glycol monoethyl ether acetate
- Ethylene glycol diacetate
- 2-METHOXYETHYL VINYL ETHER
- Ethyl propenyl ether
- ETHYLENE GLYCOL DISTEARATE
- Ethylenebis(oxyethylenenitrilo)tetraacetic acid
- Ethyl ring acid
- ACETIC ACID 2-PHENOXYETHYL ESTER
- 2-Methoxyethyl acetate
- ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONO-TERT-BUTYL ETHER
- ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOSTEARATE
- 2-Hydroxyethyl salicylate
- ETHYLENE GLYCOL DI-N-BUTYL ETHER