- Product Name:
- Vanoxerine dihydrochloride
- 1-(2-[BIS(4-FLUOROPHENYL) METHOXY]ETHYL)-4-(3-PHENYLPROPYL) PIPERAZINE DIHYDROC
- GBR-12909 DIHYDROCHLORIDE SELECTIVE DOPA MINE UP
- GBR 12909
- GBR 12909 DIHYDROCHLORIDE
- 1-(2-BIS-((4-FLUOROPHENYL)METHOXY)ETHYL)-4-(3-PHENYL-2-PROPYL)PIPERAZINE HCL
- 1-(2-BIS-[4-FLUOROPHENYL]-METHOXYETHYL)-4-(3-PHENYL-2-PROPYL)PIPERAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- 1-[2-[BIS(4-FLUOROPHENYL)METHOXY]ETHYL]-4-[3-PHENYLPROPYL]PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE
- I893 dihydrochloride
- Product Categories:
- Dopamine receptor
- Mol File:
Vanoxerine dihydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 221 °C
- storage temp.
- Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- DMSO: >5 mg/mL Solutions freshly prepared daily
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in DMSO to 50mM. Soluble to 5mM in water with warming.
- Stable for 2 years from date of purchase as supplied. Solutions in DMSO or distilled water may be stored at -20° for up to 1 month.
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
Vanoxerine dihydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
Vanoxerine dihydrochloride (GBR-12909 dihydrochloride) is a potent inhibitor that blocks dopamine uptake (IC50 = 1-51 nM). It is more than 100-fold less effective at blocking serotonin or noradrenaline uptake. GBR 12909 effectively inhibits dopamine uptake in vivo, leading to consequent stimulation of dopamine receptors. GBR 12909 also inhibits pyrilamine binding to the histamine H1 receptor (IC50 = 18 nM) but poorly inhibits ligand binding to dopamine, adrenergic, acetylcholine, serotonin, and γ-aminobutyric acid receptors. It also blocks ligand binding to sigma receptors in rat brain (IC50 = 48 nM).
Vanoxerine dihydrochloride is a Dopamine reuptake inhibitor that is developed for treatment of Parkinson's disease and depression but has no effect on these diseases.
ChEBI: Vanoxerine dihydrochloride is a hydrochloride salt that is obtained by reaction of vanoxerine with two equivalents of hydrogen chloride. Potent, competitive inhibitor of dopamine uptake (Ki = 1 nM for inhibition of striatal dopamine uptake). Has > 100-fold lower affinity for the noradrenalin and 5-HT uptake carriers. Also a potent sigma ligand (IC50 = 48 nM). Centrally active following systemic administration. It has a role as a dopamine uptake inhibitor. It contains a vanoxerine(2+).
Vanoxerine dihydrochloride is a potent inhibitor of dopamine active transporter (DAT, Ki = 1 nM, IC50 = 40 and 51 nM) with >100 fold selectivity over noradrenalin and 5-HT re-uptake transporter. Shown to produce behavioral profile in mice for bipolar mania disease model and ADHD disease models.
Potent, competitive inhibitor of dopamine uptake (K i = 1 nM for inhibition of striatal dopamine uptake). Has > 100-fold lower affinity for the noradrenalin and 5-HT uptake carriers. Also a potent sigma ligand (IC 50 = 48 nM). Centrally active following systemic administration.
Highly selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor with behavioral effects similar to cocaine.
1) Andersen?et al. (1989),?The dopamine inhibitor GBR 12909: selectivity and molecular mechanism of action; Eur. J. Pharmacol.,?166?493
2) Contreras?et al. (1990),?GBR-12909 and fluspirilene potently inhibited binding of [3H] (+)3-PPP to sigma receptors in rat brain; Life Sci.,?47?PL133
3) Yorgason?et al. (2011),?Low and high affinity dopamine transporter inhibitors block dopamine uptake within 5 sec of intravenous injection; Neuroscience,?182?125
- 821-50328103-801 18930552037
- 0573-85285100 18627885956
- 0731-85526065 13308475853
- Vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate
- D-Glucosamine hydrochloride
- Ethyl 4'-hydroxy-3'-methoxycinnamate
- Ethyl acrylate
- Ethyl vanillin
- Pyridine hydrochloride
- Ethyl acetate