- Product Name:
- ETHYL 2-CYANOACRYLATE
- Product Categories:
- All Aliphatics
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- AcrylonitrileCarbonyl Compounds
- Acrylic Monomers
- C6 to C7
- Mol File:
ETHYL 2-CYANOACRYLATE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- -20 to -25°
- Boiling point:
- bp 54-56° (0.21-0.40 kPa)
- vapor pressure
- 21Pa at 20℃
- refractive index
- nD20 1.4391
- Flash point:
- 85 °C
- storage temp.
- Acetontrle (Slightly), Benzene (Slightly), Chloroform (Slightly)
- Clear colorless to slightly yellow
- Water Solubility
- 24μg/L at 20℃
- Unstable - polymerizes rapidly, especially in the presence of moisture. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 7085-85-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Ethyl 2-cyanoacrylate (7085-85-0)
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
ETHYL 2-CYANOACRYLATE Usage And Synthesis
Ethyl cyanoacrylate is contained in instant glues for metal, glass, rubber, plastics, textiles, tissues and nails. It polymerizes almost instantaneously in air at room temperature and bonds immediately and strongly to surface keratin. Beauticians are exposed to contact dermatitis from nail glues.
Clear Colourless Liquid
A cosmetic composition
ECA can be used as a tissue adhesive for potential applications in cardiovascular and pulmonary surgeries. It can also be mixed with hydrophobic silica nanoparticles for the designing of cotton fabrics for medical applications.
Ethyl cyanoacrylate is an acrylate compound used in instant glues to mend broken nails and to adhere glue-impregnated silk or linen to the nail plate, which is then filed to shape the nail; in medicine to glue tissues and skin cracks; to attach hair and to glue shoes, plastics, and many other materials.
Ethyl 2-cyanoacrylate (ECA) is a monomeric adhesive that can be used on a variety of materials such as metals, plastics, rubber, ceramics, and wood. It forms a one part adhesive system that can also be used as a primer.
An inhalation hazard.
Flammability and Explosibility
An inhalation hazard. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of NOx.
ETHYL 2-CYANOACRYLATE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 025-58851090 13611564524
- 027-59322316 15172518801
- 027-83855385 13407122916
- 028-85632863 18048500443
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
- Methyl cyanoacetate
- ALPHA-CYANOCINNAMIC ACID ETHYL ESTER
- AURORA 9319
- ETHYL 3-(4-CHLOROPHENYL)-2-CYANOACRYLATE
- Ethyl 2-cyano-3-(dimethylamino)acrylate
- DIETHYL DICYANOFUMARATE, 97
- ethyl 2-cyano-3-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)acrylate
- propyl 2-cyanoacrylate
- RARECHEM AK ML 0365
- 2-CYANO-3-(1H-INDOL-3-YL)-ACRYLIC ACID ETHYL ESTER
- ETHYL 2-CYANO-3-METHYLCROTONATE
- ETHYL 2-CYANO-3-(4-METHOXYPHENYL)ACRYLATE
- ETHYL 2-CYANO-3-(4-NITROPHENYL)PROP-2-ENOATE
- ETHYL 2-CYANOACRYLATE
- ETHYL 2-CYANO-3-(2-THIENYL)ACRYLATE
- Ethyl (ethoxymethylene)cyanoacetate