ACID RED 114
- Product Name:
- ACID RED 114
- disodium 8-((3,3'-dimethyl-4'-(4-(4-methylphenylsulphonyloxy)phenylazo)(1,1'-biphenyl)-4-yl)azo)-7-hydroxynaphthalene-1,3-disulphonate
- 3-(4-METHOXYPHENOXY)-1,2-PROPANEDIOL, 98 +%
- Weak Acid Red F-RS
- Red RS
- 1, 3-Naphthalenesulfonic acid, 8-[[3, 3'-dimethyl-4'-[[4-[[(4-methylphenyl)sulfonyl]oxy]phenyl]azo][1, 1'-biphenyl]-4-yl]azo]-7-hydroxy, disodium salt
- Product Categories:
- Stains and Dyes
- Dyes and Pigments
- Stains&Dyes, A to
- Mol File:
ACID RED 114 Usage And Synthesis
Dark red powder.
Air & Water Reactions
Azo dyes can be explosive when suspended in air at specific concentrations. This organic acid has a moderate soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain concentrations of hydrogen ions and have pH's of less than 7.0. They react as acids to neutralize bases. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of inorganic acids, inorganic oxoacids, and carboxylic acid.
ACID RED 114 is an azo compound. Toxic gases are formed by mixing compounds containing azo groups with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. Flammable gases are formed by mixing materials in this group with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides.
Flash point data for ACID RED 114 are not available; however, ACID RED 114 is probably combustible.
Confirmed carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of NOx and SOx
Salt out three times with sodium acetate, then repeatedly extract it with EtOH and dry the solid in air. [McGrew & Schneider J Am Chem Soc 72 2547 1950, Beilstein 16 II 140.] See Solochrome Violet R in “Aromatic compounds”, Chapter 4.
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- 6-Hydroxynaphthalene-2-sulphonic acid
- 2-Naphthol-6,8-disulfonic acid
- disodium 7-hydroxy-8-[[4'-[[4-[[(p-tolyl)sulphonyl]oxy]phenyl]azo][1,1'-biphenyl]-4-yl]azo]naphthalene-1,3-disulphonate
- Naphthalene-1-sulfonic acid hydrate, 98%
- benzene-1,3-disulphonic acid
- SUDAN II
- Sudan I
- Sodium 6-hydroxynaphthalene-2-sulfonate
- ammonium naphthalenesulphonate
- Solvent Orange 2
- ACID RED 114
- CROCEIN ORANGE G