Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone Basic information
- Product Name:
- RARECHEM AM UF S096
- Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone (tetracyclone)
- Product Categories:
- C15 to C38
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Mol File:
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 217-220 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 471.14°C (rough estimate)
- 1.0511 (rough estimate)
- refractive index
- 1.6020 (estimate)
- storage temp.
- Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- Fine Crystalline Powder
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in Benzene. Insoluble in water.
- Stable. Combustible. Light sensitive.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 479-33-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- EPA Substance Registry System
- 2,4-Cyclopentadien-1-one, 2,3,4,5-tetraphenyl- (479-33-4)
- Safety Statements
- WGK Germany
- HS Code
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
- Language:English Provider:ACROS
- Language:English Provider:ALFA
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone Usage And Synthesis
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone is an organic compound with the formula (C6H5)4C4CO. It is a dark purple to black crystalline solid that is soluble in organic solvents. It is an easily made building block for many organic and organometallic compounds.
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone is a building block for several organic and organometallic compounds. It is also used as an efficient cyclone system or in re-circulation systems for the capturing of fine active pharmaceuticals and food ingredients.
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone can be synthesized by a double aldol condensation involving benzil and dibenzyl ketone in the presence of a basic catalyst.
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone has been prepared by the action of phenylmagnesium bromide on benzaldiphenylmaleide, and by reduction, dehydration, and oxidation of the methylenedesoxybenzoin obtained by condensing formaldehyde with desoxybenzoin. The present procedure is essentially that of Dilthey.
Synthesis of tetraphenylcyclopentadienone
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone is a dust-collecting device consisting of a cylindrical chamber, the lower portion of which is tapered to fit into a cone-shaped receptacle below it, is called a cyclone. Dust-laden air enters through a vertical slot-like duct on the upper wall of the chamber at the rate of at least 30meters a second. Since the particles enter at a tangent, they whirl in a circular or cyclonic path within the chamber. The centrifugal force exerted on the particles is proportional to their weight and square of their velocity. The particles slide along the walls of the chamber and gradually circulate down into the conical receptor, while the clean air escapes through a central pipe at the bottom. The dust accumulates in the cone and is discharged continuously or at intervals. The larger the particles, the more efficient the process of their removal. In simple cyclones, particles below 50microns in diameter are not retained, but improved models retain particles as small as 20microns.
Cyclones are used in handling and granulating fertilizers to avoid air pollution and are a safety requirement in the production plants.
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
- 021-58432009 400-005-6266
Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone(479-33-4)Related Product Information
- Mouse TNF-α High Sensitivity ELISA Kit
- Mouse M-CSF ELISA KIT
- Mouse/Rat IGF-1 ELISA Kit
- Mouse SAA ELISA Kit
- Mouse TRANCE/TNFSF11/RANKL ELISA Kit
- Mouse Osteopontin,OPN ELISA Kit
- Mouse ST2/IL-33R ELISA Kit
- Mouse TGF-β1 ELISA Kit
- Mouse myeloperoxidase,MPO ELISA Kit
- Mouse VEGF R2/Flk-1 ELISA Kit
- Mouse sICAM-1/CD54 ELISA Kit
- Mouse TSLP ELISA Kit
- SHVO'S CATALYST
- RARECHEM AM UF S101
- RARECHEM AM UF S097
- RARECHEM AM UF S103