Manganese(II) chloride (1:2)
Tumorigen; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Pink trigonal crystals or powder.
Solubility in water
7.56813 (826.85 C)
In dyeing (manganese bister), disinfecting, purifying natural gas, linseed oil drier, in electric batteries.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema. Chronic inhalation hazard.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause central nervous system effects and/or neurological effects. In high doses manganese may increase anemia by interfering with iron absorption
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Effects may be delayed. Chronic manganese toxicity through inhalation may result in manganism, which is a disease of the central nervous system involving psychic and neurological disorders.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. Extinguishing media: Use extinguishing media most appropriate for the surrounding fire. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
- 021 6845 0923
- 0086 20 8234 8082
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 400-610-6006; 021-67582000