- Product Name:
- RG 2133
- Tri-O-acetyl uridine
- Uridine triacetate
- (2R,3R,4R,5R)-2-(AcetoxyMethyl)-5-(2,4-dioxo-3,4-dihydropyriMidin-1(2H)-yl)tetrahydrofuran-3,4-diyl diacetate
- Mol File:
2',3',5'-Tri-O-acetyluridine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 127.0 to 131.0 °C
- 1.43±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp.
- Inert atmosphere,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 4105-38-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Safety Statements
- WGK Germany
- HS Code
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
2',3',5'-Tri-O-acetyluridine Usage And Synthesis
Uridine triacetate is an orally available pro-drug of uridine approved by the FDA for the treatment of the rare autosomal recessive disorder called hereditary orotic aciduria. The drug was also approved for treating overdose of two chemotherapies (fluorouracil and capecitabine). Uridine triacetate was developed by Wellstat Therapeutics and licensed to BTG.
White or almost white crystalline powder
ChEBI: An acetate ester that is uracil in which the three hydroxy hydrogens are replaced by acetate group. A prodrug for uridine, it is used for the treatment of hereditary orotic aciduria and for management of fluorouracil toxicity.
Commercially available uridine (167) was treated with acetic
anhydride in the presence of catalytic boron trifluoride-etherate,
and the crude product was recrystallized from ethanol to give
uridine triacetate (XX) in 74-78% yield.
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Diethyleneglycol diformate
- Sodium triacetoxyborohydride