- Product Name:
- N,N-dimethylcarbamic acid [3-[2-(tert-butylamino)-1-hydroxyethyl]-5-[dimethylamino(oxo)methoxy]phenyl] ester
- Bis(dimethylcarbamic acid)5-[2-[(1,1-dimethylethyl)amino]-1-hydroxyethyl]-1,3-phenylene ester
- [3-[2-(tert-butylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-5-(dimethylcarbamoyloxy)phenyl] N,N-dimethylcarbamate
- [3-[2-(tert-butylamino)-1-hydroxyethyl]-5-(dimethylcarbamoyloxy)phenyl] N,N-dimethylcarbamate
- N,N-dimethylcarbamic acid [3-[2-(tert-butylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-5-(dimethylcarbamoyloxy)phenyl] ester
- Bambuterol & Bambuterol Hydrochloride
- Mol File:
Bambuterol Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:
- 500.9±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- 1.154±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- H2O: ~33 mg/mL, soluble
- CAS DataBase Reference
Bambuterol Usage And Synthesis
Bambuterol is a new once-daily, oral bronchodilator especially useful in the chronic treatment of nocturnal asthma. It is a prodrug slowly converted by hydrolysis in the lung tissue to terbutaline, generating long-acting bronchodilation with comparable side effects.
ChEBI: A carbamate ester that is terbutaline in which both of the phenolic hydroxy groups have been protected as the corresponding N,N-dimethylcarbamates. A long acting beta-adrenoceptor agonist used in the treatment of asthm , it is a prodrug for terbutaline.
Preparation of 1-[bis-(3',5'-N,N-dimethylcarbamoyloxy)phenyl]-2-N-tbutylaminoethanol
A solution of 78 g of bis-3',5'-(N,N-dimethylcarbamoyloxy)-2-(N-benzyl-tbutyl) aminoacetophenone in 300 ml of ethanol was hydrogenated in a Parr equipment in the presence of 25 ml of benzyl chloride and 3.5 g of 10% Pd/C. The hydrogenation time was 24 hrs at a pressure of 345 KPa (50 psig) and a temperature of 50°C. The catalyst was filtered off, and the filtrate was evaporated to dryness. The residue was dissolved in isopropanol, filtered, and to the filtrate was added diethylether to precipitate the title compound. The identity of the title product obtained was confirmed with NMR. Yield: 46.5 g. The bis-3',5'-(N,N-dimethylcarbamoyloxy)-2-(N-benzyl-tbutyl) aminoacetophenone which was used as starting material was prepared as follows:
To a solution of 152 g of 3,5-dihydroxyacetophenone in 700 ml dry pyridine was added 280 ml of N,N-dimethylcarbamoyl chloride. The mixture was stirred for 18 hrs at 60°-70°C. After evaporation in vacuum the residue was treated with a mixture of diethylether and water. The water phase was extracted with diethylether, whereafter the combined diethylether phases were washed with water, and dried over MgSO4. After evaporation, the residue was recrystallized from isopropylalcohol-petroleum ether b.p. 40°-60°C. The identity of the product was confirmed with NMR. Yield: 180.4 g.
To a solution of 180 g of bis-3,5-(N,N-dimethylcarbamoyloxy)acetophenone obtained in step 1a in 700 ml of dioxane was added dropwise a solution of 31 ml of bromine in 200 ml of dioxane. The mixture was stirred at 35°C for 1 hr. The residue obtained after evaporation in vacuum was recrystallized from isopropylalcohol-petroleum ether b.p. 40°-60°C. The identity of the product
(1c). Bis-3',5'-(N,N-dimethylcarbamoyloxy)-2-(N-benzyl-tbutyl) aminoacetophenone:
To a solution of 5.6 g of the bromoacetophenone obtained in step 1b in 75 ml of acetone was added a solution of 4.9 g of N-benzyl-t-butylamine in 30 ml of acetone. The mixture was refluxed under stirring for 18 hrs, filtered, and evaporated in vacuum. The residue was dissolved in diethyl ether, petroleum ether b.p. 61°-70°C was added, and the yellow precipitate formed filtered off. After washing with water followed by a 1:1 mixture of isopropylalcoholpetroleum ether white crystals were obtained. The identity of the product was confirmed with NMR. Yield: 4.6 g. was confirmed with NMR. Yield: 174 g.
A poison by intraperitoneal route.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors ofNOx.
- 027-59262863 13277907145 QQ:3091977954
- 4-aminoacetophenone (intermediate of bambuterol hcl)
- BAMBUTEROL HCL IMP. D (EP): 5-[(1RS)-1-HYDROXYETHYL]-1,3-PHENYLENE BIS(DIMETHYLCARBAMATE)
- BAMBUTEROL HCL IMP. E (EP): 5-ACETYL-1,3-PHENYLENE BIS-(DIMETHYLCARBAMATE)
- 3,5-dihydroxy acetophenone (intermediate of bambuterol hcl)
- tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride
- Anthranilic acid
- Methyl 4-tert-butylbenzoate
- BAMBUTEROL HYDROCHLORIDE,BAMBUTEROL HCL,Bambuterol monohydrochloride ,BAMBUTEROL HYDROCHLORIDE, EP STANDARD
- Methyl anthranilate
- 4-Aminobenzoic acid