- Product Name:
- Erbium(III) oxide
- ERBIUM(III) OXIDE
- ERBIUM OXIDE
- Erbium(III) oxide, REacton (REO)
- Erbium oxide/ 99+%
- ErbiuM Oxide, 99.9 Percent
- ErbiuM(III) oxide (99.995%-Er) (REO) PURATREM
- ErbiuM(III) oxide >=99.99% trace Metals basis
- ErbiuM(III) oxide 99.9% trace Metals basis
- Product Categories:
- metal oxide
- 68: Er
- ErbiumMaterials Science
- Chemical Synthesis
- ElectrolytesChemical Synthesis
- Alternative Energy
- Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
- ErbiumMetal and Ceramic Science
- Materials Science
- Nanoparticles: Oxides, Nitrides, and Other CeramicsNanomaterials
- Nanopowders and Nanoparticle Dispersions
- Mol File:
Erbium(III) oxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
- 8.64 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- storage temp.
- Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- Soluble in acids
- Specific Gravity
- Water Solubility
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 12061-16-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Erbium oxide (Er2O3) (12061-16-4)
Erbium(III) oxide Usage And Synthesis
Pink powder that readily absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. infusible. Insoluble in water; slightly soluble in mineral acids.
Erbium(III) oxide (Er2O3), a pink solid, is a compound of erbium sometimes used as a colouring for glasses and a dopant for optical fibres and optical amplifiers. It was partially isolated by Carl Gustaf Mosander in 1843, and first obtained in pure form in 1905 by Georges Urbain and Charles James.
Erbium (III) oxide also called Erbia, an important colourant in glasses and porcelain enamel glazes. High purity Erbium Oxide are widely applied as dopant in making optical fibre and amplifier. It is particularly useful as an amplifier for fiber optic data transfer. Erbium Oxide has a pink color, and is sometimes used as a colorant for glass, cubic zirconia and porcelain. The glass is then often used in sunglasses and cheap jewelry.
Erbium (III) oxide is easy to produce other Erbium compounds with this material. It has been used to impart a pink shade to glass and porcelain.
Erbium(III) oxide is used for vacuum deposition electrical, optical and photoluminescenc, gate dielectrics in semi conductor devices, and in Biomedicine.
- 0757-86329057 18516978288
- 020-82035132 13378454871
- 021-34790082 13056781586
- 400-0041117 18811069119
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788