Econazole nitrate Basic information
- Product Name:
- Econazole nitrate
- (RS)-1-[2,4-DICHLORO-BETA-(P-CHLOROBENZYLOXY)PHENETHYL]-IMIDAZOLE NITRATE
- 1-[2-[(4-chlorophenyl)methoxy]-2-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)ethyl]-1H-imidazolium nitrate
- ECONAZOLE NITRATE 99%-101%
- ECONAZOLE NITRATE
- ECONAZOLE NITRATE SALT
- ECONAZOL NITRATE
- 1-(2,4-dichloro-beta-((p-chlorobenzyl)oxy)phenethyl)imidazole nitrate
- 1-[2-[(4-chlorophenyl)methoxy]-2-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-ethyl]-1h-imidazole mononitrate
- Product Categories:
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Aromatic Nitriles
- ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENTS
- Mol File:
Econazole nitrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- storage temp.
- Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- chloroform/methanol: soluble25mg/mL (choloroform:methanol (1:1))
- white to off-white
- Water Solubility
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 19 ºC
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 24169-02-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Econazole mononitrate (24169-02-6)
- Hazard Codes
- Risk Statements
- Safety Statements
- WGK Germany
- HS Code
- LD50 in mice, rats (mg/kg): 462.7, 667.7 orally (Thienpont)
- Language:English Provider:1-(2,4-Dichloro-beta-((p-chlorobenzyl)oxy)phenethyl)imidazole nitrate
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
Econazole nitrate Usage And Synthesis
Econazole nitrate is the nitrate salt form of Econazole. It belongs to imidazole-class antifungal medication sold in various places around the world including US, Canada, Western Europe, and Asia. It is usually manufactured into cream form for sale. Econazole nitrate is mainly used for the treatment of skin infections including athlete's foot, tinea, pityriasis versicolor, ringworm, and jock itch caused by fungi such as Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton tonsurans and Microsporum audouini. As an imidazole-class drug, Econazole nitrate takes effects through inhibiting the biosynthesis of ergosterol, a key component of fungal cell membrane, thus disrupting the normal permeability of fungal membrane. This causes leakage of essential cellular contents of fungi, further killing them.
White to Off-White Solid
Antifungal;Ergosterol synthesis inhibition
Econazole nitrate is an antifungal agent of the imidazole type used in topical and vaginal preparations to prevent growth of dermatophytes, yeast, and mold.
A suspension of 10.3 parts of α-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-imidazole-1-ethanol and 2.1 parts of sodium hydride in 50 parts of dry tetrahydrofuran is stirred andrefluxed for 2 hours. After this reaction-time, the evolution of hydrogen is ceased. Then there are added successively 60 parts dimethylformamide and 8 parts of p-chlorobenzylchloride and stirring and refluxing is continued for another two hours. The tetrahydrofuran is removed at atmospheric pressure. The dimethylformamide solution is poured onto water. The product, 1-[2,4- dichloro-β-(p-chlorobenzyloxy)phenethyl]imidazole, is extracted with benzene. The extract is washed with water, dried, filtered and evaporated in vacuo. From the residual oily free base, the nitrate salt is prepared in the usual manner in 2-propanol by treatment with concentrated nitric acid, yielding, after recrystallization of the crude solid salt from a mixture of 2-propanol, methanol and diisopropylether, 1-[2,4-dichloro-β-(pchlorobenzyloxy)phenethyl]imidazole nitrate; MP 162°C.
Spectazole (Johnson & Johnson).
White crystalline powder.
Air & Water Reactions
Insoluble in water.
Flash point data for Econazole nitrate are not available; however, Econazole nitrate is probably combustible.
Econazole interacts with 14-α demethylase, a cytochrome P-450 enzyme necessary to convert lanosterol to ergosterol. Inhibition of ergosterol results in increased cellular permeability causing leakage of cellular contents. Econazole may also inhibit endogenous respiration, interact with membrane phospholipids, inhibit the transformation of yeasts to mycelial forms, inhibit purine uptake, and impair triglyceride and phospholipid biosynthesis.
Econazole nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 027-83991130 18627774460
- 021-50182298 021-50180596
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
- 821-50328103-801 18930552037
Econazole nitrate(24169-02-6)Related Product Information
- Miconazole Nitrate
- Miconazole nitrate
- Cupric nitrate trihydrate
- Neodymium(III) nitrate hydrate
- DYSPROSIUM NITRATE
- Platinum nitrate
- Copper dinitrate
- Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate
- NITRONIUM TETRAFLUOROBORATE
- Aluminium nitrate nonahydrate
- ISOAMYL NITRATE
- SODIUM NITRATE-15N
- Cobaltous nitrate hexahydrate
- DYSPROSIUM NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE
- SAMARIUM NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE
- EUROPIUM(III) NITRATE HYDRATE
- Manganese nitrate
- URANYL NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE