Sulfonated castor oil
Sulfonated castor oil Basic information
- Product Name:
- Sulfonated castor oil
- red turkey oil
- Sulfonated tor oil
- NICOTINIC ACID ABS/TRANS STD (RSPEC0027)
- Turkey red oil sodium salt, CP,70%
- TURKEY RED OIL
- TURKEY RED OIL SODIUM SALT
- SULFATED CASTOR OIL
- Mol File:
Sulfonated castor oil Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:
- 121.7℃[at 101 325 Pa]
- 1.06 g/mL at 20 °C
- vapor pressure
- 0Pa at 25℃
- Flash point:
- 109 °C
- storage temp.
- Water Solubility
- 1g/L at 25℃
- 1.4 at 25℃
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 8002-33-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Sulfated castor oil (8002-33-3)
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
Sulfonated castor oil Usage And Synthesis
Sulphonated castor oil (also known as: Sulphated castor oil, Turkey red oil) is an anionic surfactant.
purity % 75
organically combined sulphate % corrected to non volatile content
colour Gardner max. 12
free fatty acid % max. 30
total alkali as KOH % max. 8
pH (10% in water) 6 - 8
non volatile content % 70 - 85
1. Swire oil (Turkish red oil) is easily soluble in water and becomes an emulsion, which will act and deteriorate when exposed to the air;
2. It has excellent serviceability and permeability, but it is not easy to precipitate in case of hard water;
3. The acid resistance, metal salt resistance and wetting power of Swire oil are better than soap.
Sulphonated castor oil is used in several applications where it functions as wetting agent, dispersing agent, levelling agent and detergent.
The most common applications are:
- textiles: dye levelling and lubrication.
- paints: pigment wetting and dispersion.
- inks: dye dispersion and levelling.
- metalworking oils (e.g. cutting oils and coolants): to provide lubricity, wetting and detergency.
sulfated castor oil is a surfactant used as a cleansing agent.
Turkey red oil (sulfonated castor oil) has the functions of dispersing, lubricating, emulsifying, etc. It is mainly used as oil agent for fiber fabrics, dyeing auxiliary, fiber treatment agent, smoothing agent, and also used as pesticide emulsifier and metal processing emulsifier. The sulfonated castor oil used in papermaking coatings is required to impart good fluidity and paintability to the coating, improve the water retention of the coating, and control the migration and penetration of the coating liquid to the surface of the base paper, so as to enhance the bonding strength between the coating and the base paper.
Add 100 parts of castor oil into the sulfonation kettle, and add 20 to 25 parts of concentrated sulfuric acid dropwise at 35 to 45° C. under stirring. After the sulfuric acid is added, continue to stir for 2-3 hours. When the sulfonated liquid is in the form of a thick foam, take a few drops into a small cup, and when it is dispersed into a transparent liquid by adding water, washing can be carried out. First wash with warm water at 40-50°C, and then neutralize with Na2CO3 solution at 10-15°C to obtain Turkish red oil.
Flammability and Explosibility
Sulfonated castor oil Preparation Products And Raw materials
Sulfonated castor oilSupplier
- 0757-86329057 18516978288
- 400-1166196 18981987031
- 400 638 7771
Sulfonated castor oil(8002-33-3)Related Product Information
- Sodium benzoate
- Sulfonated castor oil
- sulfonated phenolic resin
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium formate
- Diclofenac sodium
- Oleic acid
- Sodium hydroxide
- Sodium gluconate
- Sodium carbonate
- Sulphonated kerosene
- sulfonated oil
- Sulfonated cobalt phthalocyanine
- Ethoxylated hydrogenated castor oil
- Castor oil
- sulfonated coal