ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Ketones spices > Alicyclic ketones > Methyl cyclopentenolone
- Product Name:Methyl cyclopentenolone
- Synonyms: Top quality Methyl cyclopentenolone 80-71-7 kf-wang(at)kf-chem.com RARECHEM AQ C5 0001 FEMA 2700 CYCLOTENE METHYL CYCLOPENTENOLONE 3-METHYL-2-HYDROXY-2-CYCLOPENTENONE 3-METHYL-2-CYCLOPENTENON-2-OL 2-HYDROXY-3-METHYLCYCLOPENT-2-ENONE
- Product Categories: alcohol Flavor insect pheromone
- Mol File:80-71-7.mol
Methyl cyclopentenolone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:104-108°C
- Boiling point:170.05°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0795 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4532 (estimate)
- FEMA 2700 | METHYLCYCLOPENTENOLONE
- Flash point:100°C
- storage temp. Store at +2°C to +8°C.
- form neat
- JECFA Number418
- CAS DataBase Reference80-71-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Cyclopenten-1-one, 2-hydroxy-3-methyl-(80-71-7)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Cyclopenten-1- one, 2-hydroxy-3-methyl-(80-71-7)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Methyl cyclopentenolone
Methyl cyclopentenolone Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOff-white solid
- Chemical PropertiesMethyl cyclopentenolone occurs in beechwood tar
and has a caramel-like (burnt sugar) odor. It has been identified as a flavor
component in food. Crystals of the compound usually contain 1 mol
of water. Synthetic routes of production are of limited importance in comparison
with isolation from beechwood tar. Homologs of cyclotene such as
3-ethyl-2-hydroxy-2-cyclopenten-1-one, C7H10O2, Mr 126.16,
2-hydroxy-3,4-dimethyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one, C7H10O2, Mr 126.16, and 2-hydroxy-3,5-dimethyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one, C7H10O2, Mr 126.16,
are also used as flavor ingredients and have similar caramel-like
Cyclotene and its homologs are frequently used in flavor compositions for its caramel note, for example, in beverages and in confectionery.
- UsesMethyl Cyclopentenolone is a flavoring agent that is a white crys- talline powder. it has a nutty odor suggesting a maple-licorice aroma when diluted. it is soluble in alcohol and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in most fixed oils, and sparingly soluble in water. it is obtained by synthesis. it is also termed 3-methyl-cyclopentane-1,2-dione.
Methyl cyclopentenolone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4-HYDROXY-5-PHENYL-4-CYCLOPENTENE-1 3- 3,4-Dimethyl-1,2-cyclopentanedione MAPLE LACTONE ISO-VALERATE METHYLCYCLOPENTENOLONE PROPIONATE Methyl cyclopentenolone Cyclopentene Paraquat dichloride 4-Methyl-2-pentanone Acetonitrile Methyl Kresoxim-methyl Methanol CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III 2-Butanone Methyl acetate Methyl bromide 1-Methylcyclopentene 3-Ethyl-2-hydroxy-2-cyclopenten-1-one
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:021-58432009 / 400-005-6266
- Company Name:BePharm Ltd
- Tel:4001-647-117; 021-61629020
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.