2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Basic information
- Product Name:
- 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate
- 2-ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE extrapure
- 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate ,99% [contains 10-20 ppm MEHQ as inhibitor]
- 2-ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE, 99+%, STABILIZED
- 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate, stabilized
- Acrylic acid 2-ethylhexyl
- Propenoic acid 2-ethylhexyl ester
- 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate, stabilized, 99+% 1KG
- Acrylic Acid 2-Ethylhexyl Ester Monomer Acrylic Acid Octyl Ester Monomer Octyl Acrylate Monomer
- Product Categories:
- Industrial/Fine Chemicals
- ester series
- Mol File:
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
- 215-219 °C(lit.)
- 0.885 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density
- 6.4 (vs air)
- vapor pressure
- 0.15 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index
- n20/D 1.436(lit.)
- Flash point:
- 175 °F
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- Ester like odour
- explosive limit
- Water Solubility
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 22 ºC
- Exposure limits
- ACGIH: TWA 5 mg/m3
NIOSH: TWA 5 mg/m3
- Stability Stable, but polymerizes readily, so is usually inhibited with hydroquinone or its monomethyl ether. Susceptible to hydrolysis. Combustible. Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
- 4 at 20℃
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 103-11-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- 2-Propenoic acid, 2-ethylhexyl ester(103-11-7)
- 2B (Vol. 60, 122) 2019
- EPA Substance Registry System
- 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate (103-11-7)
- Hazard Codes
- Risk Statements
- Safety Statements
- UN 3334
- WGK Germany
- Autoignition Temperature
- 496 °F
- HS Code
- Hazardous Substances Data
- 103-11-7(Hazardous Substances Data)
- LD50 orally in Rabbit: 4435 mg/kg LD50 dermal Rabbit 7522 mg/kg
- Language:English Provider:2-Propenoic acid octyl ester
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
- Language:English Provider:ACROS
- Language:English Provider:ALFA
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Usage And Synthesis
A colorless and transparent liquid that is nearly insoluble in water but can be mixed with alcohol and ether. It was present in a surgical tape and caused allergic contact dermatitis in a patient.
2-ethylhexyl acrylate is a monomer for plastics, protective coating, paper treatment, water-based paints, UV-curable coatings, and inks; in so me acrylicbased adhesive tapes.
ChEBI: 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate is an ester of enoic acid. It is commonly used as a plasticizing co-monomer in the production of resins, which are utilized in various applications such as adhesives, latex, paints, textile and leather finishes, and coatings for paper.
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate is obtained by esterifying acrylic acid and 2-ethylhexanol with sulfuric acid as a catalyst, and subsequently neutralizing, dealcoholizing and rectifying the mixture.
2-ethylhexyl acrylate appears as a clear colorless liquid with a pleasant odor. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors heavier than air. Flash point 180 °F. Used in making of paints and plastics.
Air & Water Reactions
Insoluble in water.
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate polymerizes readily in the presence of heat and light generating much heat; reacts with strong oxidants. REF [Handling Chemicals Safely, 1980. p. 235].
Inhalation of concentrated vapor causes drowsiness and convulsions. Liquid causes irritation of eyes and may irritate skin on prolonged exposure. Ingestion produces same symptoms as inhalation.
Behavior in Fire: Heat can result in a severe polymerization with rapid release of energy. Sealed containers may rupture explosively if hot.
Flammability and Explosibility
A potential danger to those involved in the use of this monomer as a feedstock for chemical syntheses; in the manufacture of plastics; protective coatings, including water-based paints; in paper treatment; the production of emulsion polymers.
Unless inhibited, sunlight, heat, contaminants, or peroxides can cause dangerous polymerization. Vapors are uninhibited and may polymerize, blocking vents. Violent reaction with strong oxidizers, with risk of fire and explosions. May form explosive mixture with air. Incompatible with strong acids; aliphatic amines; alkanolamines.
Spray into incinerator with added flammable solvent.
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 027-83855381 15827508403
- 130-75318675 13075318675
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate(103-11-7)Related Product Information
- Acrylic acid
- Methyl acrylate
- Butyl acrylate
- Isobornyl acrylate
- Ethyl acrylate
- tert-Butyl acrylate
- 2-Hydroxyethyl acrylate
- 2-Carboxyethyl acrylate
- URETHANE ACRYLATE
- Methyl propiolate
- 2-Ethylhexyl acetate
- Olibanum oil
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate
- Hydroxypropyl acrylate
- 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate
- BUTYL OLEATE
- Polyacrylate rubber