- Product Name:
- Dimethyl succinate
- DBE-4 DIBASIC ESTER, 99% (DIMETHYL SUCCI NATE)
- Dimethyl 2,3-butanedioate
- Dimethyl succinate, Succinic acid dimethyl ester
- Succinic acid dimethyl
- Dimethyl succinate,99%
- DiMethyl succinate, 99% 100GR
- Succinic Acid Dimethyl Ester Methyl Succinate
- Product Categories:
- Thiazines ,Benzothiazoles,Thiazoles
- Mol File:
Dimethyl succinate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 16-19 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 200 °C (lit.)
- 1.117 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor pressure
- 0.3 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index
- n20/D 1.419(lit.)
- 2396 | DIMETHYL SUCCINATE
- Flash point:
- 185 °F
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- explosive limit
- Water Solubility
- 8.5 g/L (20 ºC)
- JECFA Number
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with oxidizing agents, acids, bases, reducing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 106-65-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Butanedioic acid, dimethyl ester(106-65-0)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Dimethyl succinate (106-65-0)
Dimethyl succinate Usage And Synthesis
Dimethyl succinate belong to the diester of methyl alcohol and succinic acid, which can be found in nuts. It is a biodegradable ester with low odor and low volatility and commonly serves as a flavoring agent that can be used in perfumery and personal are products, including skin-conditioning agents and emollient. It also has a variety of industrial usages such as functional fluids (open systems), intermediates, paint additives and coating additives, pigments, viscosity adjustors, etc. Besides, dimethyl succinate can be used in the production of pharmaceuticals as well as agrochemicals and for manufacturing additives, plastics and other organic compounds. In spite of its slightly water-soluble property, it can also act as a surfactant applied in water based systems.
Dimethyl succinate has a pleasant, ethereal, winy odor and fruity, winy and burning flavor
Reported found in filbert nuts and starfruit.
By direct esterification of the acid with the alcohol in benzene solution at the boil in the presence of concentrated H2SO4
Taste threshold values
Taste characteristics at 0.1%: sweet, fruity, green with a soapy, waxy nuance
Air & Water Reactions
Dimethyl succinate reacts with acids to liberate heat along with methanol and succinic acid. May react with strong oxidizing acids to liberate enough heat to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated with alkali metals and hydrides.
May be harmful by inhalation, ingestion or skin absorption. May cause irritation.
Dimethyl succinate is combustible. Vapor forms explosive mixtures with air.
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- Dibutyl succinate
- Diethyl succinate
- Dimethyl phthalate
- Methyl bromide
- Dimethyl phosphite
- Dimethyl ether
- 2,5-dioxo-1,4-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid dimethyl ester
- Dimethyl malonate
- 6alpha-Methylprednisolone sodium succinate
- Dimethyl sulfate
- Dimethyl Glutarate
- Succinic acid
- Dimethyl sulfoxide
- Methyl salicylate