- Product Name:
- 2-Propanone, 1-phenyl-
- Fenproporex-M (desamino-oxo-)
- Product Categories:
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates
- Metabolites & Impurities
- Mol File:
Phenylacetone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- -15 °C
- Boiling point:
- 216 °C
- 1.003 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- refractive index
- Flash point:
- storage temp.
- Controlled Substance, -20°C Freezer
- Water Solubility
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 103-79-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Benzyl methyl ketone(103-79-7)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- 2-Propanone, 1-phenyl- (103-79-7)
Phenylacetone Usage And Synthesis
Phenylacetone (exempt preparation) (Item No. 16444) is an analytical reference standard categorized as a precursor in the synthesis of amphetamine and methamphetamine.1,2 Phenylacetone is regulated as a Schedule II compound in the United States. Phenylacetone (exempt preparation) (Item No. 16444) is provided as a DEA exempt preparation. This product is intended for research and forensic applications.
clear yellow liquid
A metabolite of Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate.
In organic synthesis; production of benzyl radicals by photolysis.
ChEBI: A propanone that is propan-2-one substituted by a phenyl group at position 1.
Phenylacetone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Methyl salicylate
- PHENYL VALERATE
- Citric acid monohydrate
- Benzyl chloride
- Benzyl isocyanate
- Benzyl benzoate