Sunset Yellow FCF
- Product Name:
- Sunset Yellow FCF
- SUNSET YELLOW
- SUNSET YELLOW FCF
- Sodium (E)-6-hydroxy-5-((4-sulfonatophenyl)diazenyl)naphthalene-2-sulfonate
- Water Yellow 2
- 1-(Phenylazo)-2-naphthol-4',6-disulfonic acid disodium
- 1-(p-Sodiosulfophenylazo)-2-hydroxynaphthalene-6-sulfonic acid sodium
- Sunset Yellow FCF,Food Yellow 3
- 6-Hydroxy-5-[2-(4-sulfophenyl)diazenyl]-2-naphthalenesulfonic Acid SodiuM Salt
- Product Categories:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Food Colors by Food Sanitation Law in Japan
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Sulfur & Selenium Compounds
- Mol File:
Sunset Yellow FCF Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 390°C (dec.)
- Boiling point:
- Soluble in water, ethanol
- Colour Index
- Water Solubility
- 5-10 g/100 mL at 24 ºC
- 480 nm
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological Applications
- Medical devices; treating bone metabolic diseases,dermatological disorders,mitochondrial diseases,respiratory illness
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 2783-94-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- 3 (Vol. 8, Sup 7) 1987
- EPA Substance Registry System
- C.I. Food Yellow 3 (2783-94-0)
- Language:English Provider:Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulphonatophenyl)azo]naphthalene-2-sulphonate
Sunset Yellow FCF Usage And Synthesis
FD & C Yellow No. 6 is principally the disodium salt of 6-hydroxy5-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2-napthalenesulfonic acid. The trisodiumsalt of 3-hydroxy-4-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2,7-napthal-enedisul- fonic acid may be added in small amounts.
The colorant is an orange powder that dissolves in water to give a solution yellow-orange at neutrality or in acid and red-brown in base. When dissolved in concentrated sulfuric acid, it yields an orange solution that turns yellow when diluted with water. It is slightly soluble in 95% ethanol.
FD & C Yellow No. 6 is used in various food items including dessert powders, cereals, bakery goods, snack foods, confectionery products, maraschino cherries, sausage, ice cream, sherbet, dairy products, and beverages. It is also used in cosmetics, ingested and externally applied drugs and dietary supplements.1 .
orange-red crystals or powder
Sunset Yellow FCF (FD&C Yellow #6) is a colorant. It has good stability to changes in ph, showing no appreciable change at ph 3–8. It has excellent solubility in water with a solubility of 19 g in 100 ml at 25°c. It has moderate stability to light, fair stability to oxidation, good stability to heat, and shows appreciable change in 10% sugar systems. It has a reddishyellow hue and has good tinctorial strength. It has moderate compatibility with food components and is used in beverages, bakery goods, dessert confections, and ice cream.
Provisionally listed for use in food, drugs and cosmetics. Sunset Yellow is useful in fermented foods which must be heat treated. It may be found in orange sodas, orange jelly, marzipan, Swiss rolls, apricot jam, citrus marmalade, lemon curd, sweets, hot chocolate mix and packet soups, trifle mix, breadcrumbs, snack chips, shelf fresh noodles, cheese sauce mixes. Sunset Yellow is a sulfonated ver sion of Sudan I, a possible carcinogen. Sunset Yellow itself may be responsible for causing an allergic reaction in people with an aspirin intolerance, resulting in various symptoms, including gastric upset, diarrhea, vomiting, nettle rash (urticaria), swelling of the skin (angioedema) and migraines.
Provisionally listed for use in food, drugs and cosmetics.
Orange-red crystals or a red powder.
Air & Water Reactions
Azo dyes can be explosive when suspended in air at specific concentrations. Soluble in water.
Food Yellow 3 is an azo compound. Azo, diazo, azido compounds can detonate. This applies in particular to organic azides that have been sensitized by the addition of metal salts or strong acids. Toxic gases are formed by mixing materials of this class with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. Flammable gases are formed by mixing materials in this group with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides.
SYMPTOMS: It can cause enlargement of the caecum and weight loss.
Flash point data for Food Yellow 3 are not available; however, Food Yellow 3 is probably combustible.
Low toxicity by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx and SOx.
Sunset Yellow FCF Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- 13651141086; 86(10)60275028、60275820
- AMACEL YELLOW GLF
- ATLANTIC RESIN FAST YELLOW NRLSW
- Food Yellow 4:1
- C.I.Food Yellow 9
- Sulfamic acid
- p-Toluenesulfonic acid
- Sunset Yellow FCF
- 1-DODECANESULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT
- Disodium monofluorophosphate
- FOOD YELLOW
- CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III