NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE Basic information
- Product Name:
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride (200 mg)
- Nortriptyline HCl, 1.0 mg/mL as free base
- NORTRIPTYLINE HCL(P)
- Nortriptyline hydrochloride solution
- Product Categories:
- Biogenic Amine Transport Inhibitors
- Biogenic Amine Transport InhibitorsObesity Research
- Neurotransmission (Obesity)
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Mol File:
NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Flash point:
- storage temp.
- ethanol: 100 mg/mL
- white to off-white
- Hazard Codes
- Risk Statements
- Safety Statements
- UN 1230 3/PG 2
- WGK Germany
- HS Code
- LD50 oral in rat: 405mg/kg
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE Usage And Synthesis
Nortriptyline Hydrochloride (Amitriptyline EP Impurity C) is a tricyclic antidepressant.
Monoamine reuptake inhibitor; tricyclic antidepressant.
ChEBI: Nortriptyline hydrochloride is an organic tricyclic compound. It has a role as a geroprotector.
A mixture of 114.5 g of 5-(3-chloropropylidene)dibenzo[a,d]cyclohepta[1,4] diene, 75 ml of benzene, and about 400 ml of methylamine is heated in an autoclave at 120°C for six hours. The excess methylamine is distilled from the reaction mixture under vacuum and the residue is stirred with 300 ml of water. Acidification of the mixture with hydrochloric acid causes the separation of the hydrochloride of 5-(3-methylaminopropylidene)dibenzo[a,d] cyclohepta[1,4]diene. The product is collected by filtration and is purified by recrystallization from a mixture of absolute ethanol and ethyl acetate. MP 210°C to 212°C.
Aventyl Hydrochloride (Lilly); Aventyl Hydrochloride (Ranbaxy); Pamelor (Tyco).
Pertinent biological and chemical properties for nortriptyline,3-(10,11-dihydro-5H-dibenzo[a,d]cyclohepten-5-ylidene)Nmethyl-1-propanamine hydrochloride, 5-(3-methyl-aminopropylidene)-10,11-hydro-5H-dibenzo[a,d] cycloheptene hydrochloride(Aventyl, Pamelor), are given previously in thediscussion of amitriptyline. Metabolic inactivation and eliminationare like those of amitriptyline. Nortriptyline is a selectiveNE transporter (NET) inhibitor.
ki: 3.4 nm: blocks the norepinephrine transporter.ki: 161 nm: inhibits the serotonin transporter.nortriptyline, a dibenzocycloheptene-derivative tricyclic antidepressant, inhibits norepinephrine and serotonin transporters, which is used for short-term treatment of various forms of depression, including major depression, dysthymia, and atypical depressions. nortriptyline suppresses the norepinephrine presynaptic receptors, thus inhibiting the reuptake of this neurotransmitter and increasing the concentration in the synaptic cleft in the central nervous system.norepinephrine transporter is responsible for the sodium-chloride (na+/cl-) -dependent reuptake of extracellular norepinephrine. serotonin transporter transports serotonin from the synaptic cleft to the presynaptic neuron.
Tricyclic antidepressant that is a more potent inhibitor of the norepinephrine transporter (Ki = 3.4 nM) than the serotonin transporter (Ki = 161 nM). 5-HT2 serotonin receptor antagonist.
nortriptyline dose-dependently dampened the spontaneous migration of human polymorphonuclear cells (pmn) at the highest concentrations (10-4 and 10-5 m). nortriptyline decreased the motility of the cells at 10-4m. chemotaxis of pmn triggered by 10-10m n-formyl-l-methionil-l-leucyl-l-phenylalanine (fmlp) was blocked by nortriptyline in a dose-dependent fashion .
rats and mice were injected intraperitoneally with nortriptyline at the dose of 50, 25, 12.5 mg/kg. after 2 hours of the last injection, nortriptyline inducted little or no inhibition of the 4, α-dimethyl-meta-tyramine (h 77/77) induced depletion in a dose of 25 + 12.5 mg/kg. however, there was a partial blockade, evoked by nortriptyline in a dose of 50 + 25 mg/kg, of the h 77/77 elicited depletion in the noradrenaline nerve terminals in all the rats studied. additionally, nortriptyline also proved to be active in the brain, however, its activity was low .
. sacerdote, p., bianchi, m., & panerai, a. chlorimipramine and nortriptyline but not fluoxetine and fluvoxamine inhibit human polymorphonuclear cell chemotaxis in vitro. general pharmacology: the vascular system. 1994; 25(3): 409-412.
. carlsson, a., corrodi, h., fuxe, k., & hkfelt, t. effects of some antidepressant drugs on the depletion of intraneuronal brain catecholamine stores caused by 4, α-dimethyl-meta-tyramine. european journal of pharmacology.1969; 5(4): 367-373.
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
- 021-021-58432009 400-005-6266
NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE(894-71-3)Related Product Information
- trans-10-Hydroxy Nortriptyline
- 10,11-DIHYDRO-5 H-DIBENZO[A,D]CYCLOHEPTENE
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE MM(CRM STANDARD)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE IMP. A (EP): 10,11-DIHYDRO-5H-DIBENZO[A,D]ANNULEN-5-ONE(DIBENZOSUBERONE)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE ASSAY STANDARD BP(CRM STANDARD)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE IMP. A (EP): DIBENZOSUBERONE MM(CRM STANDARD)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE REFERENCE SPECTRUM EPN(CRM STANDARD)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HCL(USP)(COMING SOON)(P)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE - REFERENCE SPECTRUM
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE BP STANDARD(CRM STANDARD)
- AMITRIPTYLINE HCL (D6)
- NORTRIPTYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- NORTRIPTYLINE-D3 HYDROCHLORIDE