- Product Name:
- Vecuronium bromide
- [(2S,3S,5S,8R,9S,10S,13S,14S,16S,17R)-17-acetoxy-10,13-dimethyl-16-(1-methylpiperidin-1-ium-1-yl)-2-(1-piperidyl)-2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,14,15,16,17-tetradecahydro-1H-cyclopenta[a]phenanthren-3-yl] acetate
- 1-[(2Beta,3alpha,5alpha,16beta,17beta)-3,17-bis(acetyloxy)-2-(1-piperidinyl)androstan-16-yl]-1-methylpiperidinium bromide hydrate
- Product Categories:
- Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
- Steroid and Hormone
- Pharmaceutical material and intermeidates
- Neuromuscular blocking agent
- Acetylcholine receptor
- Mol File:
Vecuronium bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- storage temp.
- Inert atmosphere,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- Slightly soluble in water, freely soluble in methylene chloride, sparingly soluble in acetonitrile and in anhydrous ethanol.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 50700-72-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Language:English Provider:(+)-1-(3,17-Diacetoxy-2-piperidino-5-androstan-16-yl)-1-methylpiperidinium bromide
Vecuronium bromide Usage And Synthesis
Vecuronium bromide (Brand name: Norcuron) is a drug which can be supplied to general anesthesia to keep skeletal muscle relaxation during the surgery or mechanical ventilation. It can also be used to help with endotracheal intubation. It has rapid onset (within 4 minutes) and has its effect last for 4 hour. Its mechanism of action is through competitively binding to the nicotinic cholinergic receptors, further antagonizing the opportunity for acetylcholine from binding to the nicotinic receptor at the postjunctional membrane of the myoneural junction. This process prevents the depolarization and the release of calcium ions, stopping muscle contraction and help muscle relaxation.
Vecuronium, 1-[(2β,3α,5α,16β,17β,)-3,17-bis(acetyloxy)-2-(1-piperidinyl) androstan-16-yl]-1-methylpiperidinium bromide (15.1.9), differs from panuronium only in the extent of alkylation. Only the piperidine substituent on C16 of the steroid skeleton is transformed into a quaternary salt.
An aminosteroid, competitive neuromuscular blocker agent.
ChEBI: The organic bromide salt of a 5alpha-androstane compound having 3alpha-acetoxy-, 17beta-acetoxy-, 2beta-piperidinino- and 16beta-N-methylpiperidinium su stituents.
Vecuronium bromide (Norcuron) is chemically identical to pancuronium except for a tertiary amine in place of a quaternary nitrogen. However, some of the drug will exist as the bisquaternary compound, depending on body pH. Vecuronium has a moderate onset of action (2.4 minutes) and a duration of effect of about 50 minutes. Like pancuronium, it does not block ganglia or vagal neuroeffector junctions, does not release histamine, and is eliminated by urinary excretion.
Vecuronium bromide, 1-(3 ,17 -dihydroxy-2 -piperidino-5 -androstan-16 -yl)-1-methylpiperidinium bromide diacetate (Norcuron), is themonoquaternary analog of pancuronium bromide. It belongsto the class of nondepolarizing neuromuscular blockingagents and produces effects similar to those of drugs in thisclass. It is unstable in the presence of acids and undergoesgradual hydrolysis of its ester functions in aqueous solution.Aqueous solutions have a pH of about 4.0.
Vecuronium Bromide is usedmainly to produce skeletal muscle relaxation during surgeryand to assist in controlled respiration after general anesthesiahas been induced.
Veterinary Drugs and Treatments
Vecuronium is indicated as an adjunct to general anesthesia to produce muscle relaxation during surgical procedures or mechanical ventilation and to facilitate endotracheal intubation. It causes very minimal cardiac effects and generally does not cause the release of histamine.
- VBMC inter.for 7AVC,Cefixime cefdinir
- 17 beta-(O-propionyl)-vecuronium bromide
- Vecuronium Bromide for Injection
- 17 beta-(O-butyryl)-vecuronium bromide
- VECURONIUM BROMIDE''S INTERMEDIATES
- VECURONIUM BROMIDE RELATED COMPOUND A (25 MG) (3ALPHA, 17BETA-DIACETYL-OXY-2BETA, 16BETA-BISPIPERIDINYL-5ALPHA-ANDROSTAN)
- Pancuronium bromide
- Vecuronium bromide
- Sodium bromate
- Ethidium bromide
- Allyl bromide
- Methyl bromide
- Rocuronium bromide