p-Acetylamino benzoic acid
- Product Name:
- p-Acetylamino benzoic acid
- Benzoic acid, 4-(acetylamino)-
- Benzoic acid, 4-acetamido-
- Benzoic acid, p-acetamido-
- Product Categories:
- Aromatic Carboxylic Acids, Amides, Anilides, Anhydrides & Salts
- Mol File:
p-Acetylamino benzoic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 259-262 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 311.69°C (rough estimate)
- 1.2822 (rough estimate)
- refractive index
- 1.5600 (estimate)
- storage temp.
- Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- pK1: 4.28 (25°C)
- Off-white to slightly beige
- Water Solubility
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 556-08-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- N-(4-Carboxyphenyl)acetic acid amide(556-08-1)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Benzoic acid, 4-(acetylamino)- (556-08-1)
p-Acetylamino benzoic acid Usage And Synthesis
white or off-white powder or crystals
4-Acetamidobenzoic acid ,ARIAC
immune stimulant (component)
Acedoben is the acetylated derivative of p-aminobenzoic acid (PABA). Acedoben is a metabolite of the anesthetic Benzocaine (B202970).
ChEBI: A amidobenzoic acid that consists of benzoic acid bearing an acetamido substituent at position 4.
Into a 2 L, 3-necked flask set in a tub and equipped with a stirrer, an air condenser (drying tube), thermometer, was placed 860 ml of water, 43.0 g of MgSO4 and 43.0 g of sodium acetate and heated on water bath. Into heated solution to 70°C stirring 43.0 g of N-p-tolylacetamide were added. Then 136.0 g of KMnO4 by small portions were added at 75°-80°C. The reaction mixture allow to stand for 6 h and stirring was continue till the solution became colorless. Hot solution was filtered and filtrate treated hydrochloric acid to slightly acidic pH. After that 44.0 g (85%) of p-acetoaminobenzoic acid was obtained as white precipitate, melting point 250°C.
Needles or off-white powder.
Air & Water Reactions
Simultaneously an amide and a carboxylic acid.
Flash point data for p-Acetylamino benzoic acid are not available; however, p-Acetylamino benzoic acid is probably combustible.
- 027-83855395- ;027-83855395-
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-