ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Food Additives > Stability and coagulants > Polyvinylpyrrolidone cross-linked
- Product Name:Polyvinylpyrrolidone cross-linked
- Synonyms: K-30 PVPP PVPD PVP K-30 POLYVIDONE POLYVIDONUM POLYVINYLPOLYPYRROLIDONE POLYVINYLPYRROLIDONE CROSS LINKED
- Product Categories: Beverage Other Reagents for Food Analysis Reagents for Analysis of Proteins Reagents for Food Analysis Vinylpyridine and Vinypyrrolidone Polymers Analytical Reagents Analytical/Chromatography Application Specific Reagents Food & Hydrophobic Polymers Materials Science Poly(vinylpyrrolidone) Polymer Science Polymers - NULL API Pyrrolidones
- Mol File:25249-54-1.mol
Polyvinylpyrrolidone cross-linked Chemical Properties
- Melting point:~165 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- form powder
- color White to off-white
- Water Solubility Insoluble in water, acid and alkaline.
- CAS DataBase Reference25249-54-1
- Safety Statements 22-24/25
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS TR8370000
- HS Code 39059900
Polyvinylpyrrolidone cross-linked Usage And Synthesis
- Indications and UsagePolyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is a polymer of vinyl pyrrolidone. It is divided based on degree of polymerization into soluble PVP and insoluble polyvinyl polypyrrolidone (PVPP). Commercially available PVPs are divided into four viscosity grades by K value (Fikentscher K): K-15, K-30, K-60, K-90, with respective molecular masses of 10000, 40000, 160000, and 360000. K value or relative molecular mass is one of the important factors determining the various properties of PVP.
Polyvinylpyrrolidone is one of the three major new medicinal materials. It can be used for tablets, granules, a cosolvent for injections, glidant for capsules, liquid preparation and dispersant for colorants, stabilizer for enzymes and thermosensitive drugs, precipitant for poorly soluble drugs, and a removal agent and lubricant for eye drops, etc. The combination of PVP with toxins, drugs, and chemical agents can reduce their toxicity. Complexes with iodine are very stable, with good bactericidal effects, reducing toxicity.
Used in industry as a foaming polystyrene additive, gelling agent, stabilizer, fiber treatment agent, paper processing aid, adhesive, and thickener. Some dyes can also be strongly complexed with PVP, which is the basis for polyvinylpyrrolidone PVP as a dye bleaching agent.
Polyvinylpyrrolidone PVP and its copolymer is an important raw material for cosmetics, mainly used for hair styling agents. The film it forms on hair is flexible and shiny, with good combing performance, without attracting dust. Different resins can satisfy different relative humidity and climatic conditions, so it is an indispensable raw material for styling hair cream, hair gel, and mousse. It can also be used as a cosmetic skin care moisturizing agent, base material of grease, hair coloring dispersant, and foam stabilizer. It can improve the consistency of shampoo. Insoluble PVP is a stabilizer for beer, fruit juice, vinegar, wine and so on, improving its clarity, color and taste.
- ToxicityADI 0-50(FAO/WHO, 2001)
LD50>100g/kg(rats, orally administered)
LD5012g/kg(rats, abdominal injection)
Can be safely used in food (FDA, §173.55, 2000).
- Chemical Propertieswhite to off-white micro-crystalline powder
- UsesPVP (polyvinylpyrrolidone) is a chemical ingredient that, depending on the formulatory requirement, can act as a binder, viscosity controller, emulsion stabilizer, or film former. Its benefits include water and wear resistance, pigment dispersion, a non-greasy feel, and improved stick integrity. PVP is commonly found in waterproof sunscreens, mascaras, and lipsticks in order to improve their wear.
- COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE BENZYL ISOCYANIDE Ferric acetylacetonate PHENYLSELENOL COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Cupric acetylacetonate Ethyl isocyanoacetate TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE 1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidinone Polyvinylpyrrolidone cross-linked N-Vinyl-2-pyrrolidone Valco(R) REDUC UNION250-062 Povidone iodine Polyvinylpyrrolidone
- Company Name:Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 (551) 65418695 65418696
- Company Name:Shanghai Weiken Material Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd