- Product Name:
- Tris Base
- OmniPur TRIS -CAS 77-86-1 - Calbiochem
- Tris Base, Molecular Biology Grade - CAS 77-86-1 - Calbiochem
- Tris Base, ULTROL Grade - CAS 77-86-1 - Calbiochem
- Tris Buffer, 1.0 M, pH 8.0, Molecular Biology Grade - CAS 77-86-1 - Calbiochem
- Tris Buffer, 100 mM, pH 7.4, Molecular Biology Grade - CAS 77-86-1 - Calbiochem
- Tris(Hydroxymethyl)aminomethane (Trometamol) high purity
- TRIS,Tromethamine, Trometamol
- Product Categories:
- Pharmaceutical intermediates
- ACS Grade Buffers
- Amino Alcohols
- Biological Buffers
- Buffers A to Z
- Building Blocks
- Chemical Synthesis
- Organic Building Blocks
- Oxygen Compounds
- Reagents for Electrophoresis
- Mol File:
Tris Base Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 167-172 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 219-220 °C10 mm Hg(lit.)
- 1,353 g/cm3
- vapor pressure
- 0.0267 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index
- 1.4170 (estimate)
- Flash point:
- storage temp.
- H2O: 4 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- 10.5-12.0(4 m in water, 25 °C)
- PH Range
- 7 - 9
- 8.1(at 25℃)
- Water Solubility
- 550 g/L (25 ºC)
- λ: 260 nm Amax: 0.10
λ: 280 nm Amax: 0.08
- Stable. Incompatible with bases, strong oxidizing agents. Protect from moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 77-86-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- 1,3-Propanediol, 2-amino-2-(hydroxymethyl)-(77-86-1)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane (77-86-1)
Tris Base Usage And Synthesis
White crystal or powder. Melting point 171-172℃, boiling point 219-220℃/1.3kPa, soluble in ethanol and water, slightly soluble in ethyl acetate, benzene, insoluble in ether, carbon tetrachloride,copper,aluminum corrosion effects,irritant.
Uses of Biology
Tris base, also known as THAM, is widely used as a biological buffer or as a component of buffer formulations such as TAE and TBE buffers. Tris has a pKa of 8.06 and is very useful in the biology and biochemistry lab because it has buffering capabilities in the range of the typical physiological pH of most living organisms (pH 7.0-9.0). Tris has been reported to interfere with the activity of a number of enzymes, it should therefore be used carefully when studying proteins.
1, Tris buffer, only nucleic acids and proteins are widely used as solvents.
2, Tris is used for protein crystal growth under different pH conditions.
3, Tris buffer having a low ionic strength can be used nematode (C. elegans) is formed lamin (lamin) intermediate fibers.
4, Tris is a major component of protein electrophoresis buffer.
5, Tris for the preparation of a surfactant, a vulcanization accelerator, and some drug intermediates.
6, Tris titrated also used as standard.
White, crystalline solid. PH (0.1M aqueous solution) 10.6, corrosive to copper, brass, aluminum. Solubility in water 80 g/100 cc (20C). Combustible.
tromethamine can help mask odor in a formulation. It is also used as a buffer, keeping product pH stable.
In the synthesis of surface-active agents, vulcanization accelerators, pharmaceuticals. As emulsifying agent for cosmetic creams and lotions, mineral oil and paraffin wax emulsions, leather dressings, textile specialties, polishes, cleaning Compounds, so-called soluble oils. Absorbent for acidic gases. Biological buffer.
Nitromethane is reacted with formaldehyde to give tris(hydroxymethyl)nitromethane in an initial step. This intermediate may be reduced by catalytic hydrogenation (US Patent 2,174,242) or by electrolytic reduction (US Patent 2,485,982).
Commonly used laboratory reagent
TRIS can ordinarily be obtained in highly pure form suitable for use as an acidimetric standard. If only impure material is available, it should be crystallised from 20% EtOH, aqueous MeOH (m 171.1o) or isopropanol (m 172-173o). Dry it in a vacuum desiccator over P2O5 or CaCl2. Alternatively, it is dissolved in twice its weight of water at 55-60o, filtered, concentrated to half its volume and poured slowly, with stirring, into about twice its volume of EtOH. The crystals which separate on cooling to 3-4o are filtered off, washed with a little MeOH, air dried by suction, then finally ground and dried in a vacuum desiccator over P2O5. It has also been recrystallised from water, MeOH or aqueous MeOH, and vacuum dried at 80o for 2 days. [Beilstein 4 H 303, 4 III 857, 4 IV 1903.]
- Lithium bis(trimethylsilyl)amide
- Tris Base
- TROMETAMOL HYDROCHLORIDE
- methylol cellulose
- 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate
- BUFFER SOLUTION PH = 6,00 (20 °C) (POTASSIUM DIHYDROGEN PHOSPHATE/SODIUM HYDROXIDE)