2-Cyanophenol Basic information
- Product Name:
- 2-Hydroxybenzonitrile, 97+%
- 2-Cyanophenol SynonyMs: 2-Hydroxybenzonitrile
- O-hydroxybanzo nitrile
- SALICYLIC ACID NITRILE
- 2-CYANOPHENOL (2-HYDROXYBENZONITRILE)
- Product Categories:
- Imidazoles ,Homopiperidines
- Aromatic Nitriles
- Mol File:
2-Cyanophenol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 92-95 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 149 °C/14 mmHg (lit.)
- vapor pressure
- 0.17Pa at 25℃
- refractive index
- Flash point:
- storage temp.
- Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- Chloroform (Sparingly), Methanol (Slightly)
- Crystalline Powder
- 6.86(at 25℃)
- Off-white to brown
- Water Solubility
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong bases.
- 1.66 at 30℃
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 611-20-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Benzonitrile, 2-hydroxy-(611-20-1)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Benzonitrile, 2-hydroxy- (611-20-1)
- Hazard Codes
- Risk Statements
- Safety Statements
- WGK Germany
- Hazard Note
- HS Code
- Language:English Provider:2-Cyanophenol
- Language:English Provider:SigmaAldrich
- Language:English Provider:ACROS
- Language:English Provider:ALFA
2-Cyanophenol Usage And Synthesis
2-Cyanophenol is a white to light yellow crystal powder with a pungent and bitter odor. It is partially soluble in water with a Pka value of 7.17. However, it is unstable when exposed to strong alkalis and oxidants. It is an important intermediate for the synthesis of the fungicide azoxystrobin and the antihypertensive drug Bunirolol.
2-Hydroxybenzonitrile is used as starting reagent during the synthesis of mono-alkoxyphenyloxazoline, furanoside.
A method for preparing 2-cyanophenol, which comprises the following steps: preparing salicylaldoxime; performing dehydration; and performing hydrolytic-acidification reaction, wherein in the dehydration, anhydride is adopted as a dehydrating agent; and in the hydrolytic-acidification reaction, a hydrolyticreagent is 10 to 30 mass percent alkaline solution, and the temperature of the hydrolytic-acidification reaction is 100 to 150℃.
ChEBI: 2-Cyanophenol is a member of benzenes and a nitrile.
2-Cyanophenol is used in the synthesis of CDK/GSK-3 inhibitors, for usage as therapeutics in Alzheimer's disease (AD).
Flammability and Explosibility
2-Hydroxybenzonitrile can be synthesized by condensing salicylaldehyde with hydroxylamine hydrochloride to produce salicylaldoxime. Then, the salicylaldoxime is reacted with acetic anhydride followed by hydrolysis to yield 2-Hydroxybenzonitrile.
Process for the preparation of 2-hydroxybenzonitrile
Store at 2°C - 8°C, close container well, protect from light.
2-Cyanophenol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 010-82848833 400-666-7788
2-Cyanophenol(611-20-1)Related Product Information
- Salicylic acid
- 2-Hydroxyphenylacetic acid
- 2-HYDROXYPHENETHYL ALCOHOL
- 2-Ethoxybenzoyl chloride
- 2-Fluorobenzyl bromide
- Sodium salicylate
- Methyl salicylate