Aluminium chloride hexahydrate
- Product Name:
- Aluminium chloride hexahydrate
- Aluminum trichloride hexahydrate, Алюминий трихлорид 6-водный, Алюминий треххлористый 6-водный, Хлорид алюминия гексагидрат
- ALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, 99.999%ALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, 99.999%ALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, 99.999%ALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, 99.999%
- ALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, REAGENTALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, REAGENTALUMINUM CHLORIDE, HEXAHYDRATE, REAGENT
- Product Categories:
- AluminumSynthetic Reagents
- Industrial/Fine Chemicals
- Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemical Synthesis
- Lewis Acids
- metal halide
- Mol File:
Aluminium chloride hexahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 100°C (dec.)
- vapor pressure
- 1 mm Hg ( 100 °C)
- storage temp.
- Store at +15°C to +25°C.
- water: soluble0.5g/10 mL, clear, colorless
- White To Light Yellow
- Specific Gravity
- 2.5 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- PH Range
- 2.5 - 3.5
- Water Solubility
- 477 g/L (20 ºC)
- Moisture Sensitive
- Stable, but may decompose upon exposure to moist air or water. Incompatible with acids.Note that decomposition of the anhydrous product, possibly caused by moisture leaking into the container or being trapped within it, may cause a pressure rise in a sealed container, potentially leading to explosive rupture.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 7784-13-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
Aluminium chloride hexahydrate Usage And Synthesis
White or yellowish deliquescent powder; faint odor of HCl; density 2.40 g/cm3; soluble in water and polar organic solvents such as alcohol; aqueous solution acidic.
The Aluminium chloride hexahydrate is used in the preparation of deodorant and antiperspirant. Also, it is applied in textile finishing to improve the antistatic characteristics and flammability ratings of various textile materials. Commercially, it is sold as crystalline powder or as a 28% solution in water.
Aluminum chloride hexahydrate is prepared by dissolving Al(OH)3 in conc. HCl and passing gaseous HCl through the solution at 0°C. The precipitate is washed with diethyl ether and dried. Alternatively, it is prepared by hydrolyzing anhydrous AlCl3 in cold dilute HCl.
Decomposes to alumina when heated at 300°C;
2AlCl3 •6H2O →2Al2O3 + 6HCl + 9H2O
Reacts with caustic soda solution forming gelatinous precipitate of aluminum hydroxide (hydrous aluminum oxide); yields aluminum monobasic stearate, Al(OH)2[OOC(CH2)16CH3] when its solution is mixed with a solution of sodium stearate.
white to pale yellow crystalline solid
The anhydrous form suitable as an acid catalyst, especially in Friedel-Crafts type reactions; in cracking of petroleum; in manufacture of rubbers, lubricants. The hexahydrate form used in preserving wood; disinfecting stables, slaughterhouses, etc.; in deodorants and antiperspirant preparations; refining crude oil; dyeing fabrics; manufacture of parchment paper.
in preserving wood, disinfecting stables, etc.; in deodorants and antiperspirant preparations; in refining crude oil, and dyeing fabrics; in dental ceramics; in topical astringents
Aluminum chloride hexahydrate (6.25% Xerac A-C) is an effective antiperspirant that has also an antibacterial effect. It may be useful in cases of acne in which sweating is prominent or appears to be aggravating the disease, but its effects have not been well studied.
Aluminium chloride hexahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- 13651141086; 86(10)60275028、60275820
- Aluminum chloride
- Ammonium chloride
- Nickel chloride
- Manganese chloride
- Lead(II) chloride
- Nickel(II) chloride hexahydrate
- MOLYBDENUM(V) CHLORIDE
- Lanthanum(III) chloride
- Sodium chloride
- Rubidium chloride
- Neodymium(III) chloride hexahydrate
- Manganese chloride tetrahydrate
- LANTHANUM CHLORIDE HEPTAHYDRATE
- Magnesium chloride hexahydrate
- ALUMINUM CHLORIDE HYDRATE,ALUMINUM CHLORIDE HYDRATE, 99.999%
- ALUMINUM SESQUICHLOROHYDRATE
- Aluminium chloride hexahydrate